Just a short one today. Have lots to do in so little time so I will cheat a bit and just present you with beautiful images. But first:
1. I love my Wii Fit! It’s so fun and the few times I’ve taken it for a spin, it has been great. I can’t wait to try all the little games. If only I had more time. Might do an in-depth review when I’m not bumbling over the controls. My mum’s loving it too.
2. Gorgeous, gorgeous editorials. They sure speak for themselves.
(Note: What do you guys think about the picture sizes? Too big, or just right?)
A very very happy mother’s day to all you mothers out there! Hope you have/had a wonderful day and was pampered with breakfast in bed.
We went to a restaurant yesterday for celebrations. It was fantastic. The place in Camberwell was so cosy and nice for a cold night. And the food was DELICIOUS. I was so stuffed.
We got mum a Wii Fit. It’s partly for me too I guess. We took it for a spin this afternoon. I thought it was great fun, although some of the activities are really challenging. Definitely need more practice. Can’t wait to get healthy!
So sorry for skipping out on you guys last week. I definitely was a little MIA. But I’m back now! It’s Mother’s Day on Sunday, as many of you would know.
What are you doing for your special mother? Once again, I made a card; nothing spectacular and might be getting some fitness thing (yes, I’m last minute).
1. This amazing photo from Jak & Jil. It is simply breathtaking. I’ll just let the picture speak for itself. BLOWN AWAY//
2. What can I say? Yulia Brodskaya’s paper illustrations are ingenious, and most importantly, gorgeous. Who know strips of coloured paper could make such beautiful pictures. This is definitely something for me to attempt when I have time. More here at Astonishing Paper Illustration.
3. The Met Ball frocks were just beautiful. Of course, there were a few shockers (Katy Perry anyone?) but overall, I thought the fashions were great. Like many others in the blogosphere, I loved the Brits: Emma Watson and Sienna Miller. Very leggy, yet still covered at the same time. Photos from Style.com (A girl’s best friend)
4. RAFW has started again! Lots of great Aussie designers. The following are my favourite looks from Dion Lee. I love the pastel colouring, the paint splatter prints and the Burberry-esque weaving of the fabric. Pictures from Grazia. Did any lucky readers get to attend the shows?
That’s right. I finally got off my lazy butt yesterday morning and did some exercise. And boy was it tiring. One of my friends and I went biking in the local park (which is actually very big). We had been planning to go for a long time now, but being a long weekend, we finally decided to go. There was a minor scare and setback as the rain came pouring down, but the skies soon cleared up (it is Melbourne after all) and we were able to go.
I’d say that yesterday’s ride was the first time in around three years. But this just proves that you really do never forget how to ride a bike. I’m actually quite proud that I managed to ride for a whole hour, although I did have to get off and push for some of the steep hills. My legs felt like jelly straight after but they are fine now thanks to daily walks to school and school sport strengthening them.
A bit of a different blog post, hope you liked it. Will be posting more on my life, especially as I strive to motivate myself to get more active!
PS. A huge shout out to all the servicemen and women out there, past and present. Your sacrifices mean a lot to the country. You are truly the heroes and a huge inspiration!
1. Now, I’m not usually a very big male model follower, but these guys are (sizzling) hot! Muscles in shirts, yum. The black and white tone of the editorial make the images just a bit more mysterious and artsy. Maybe I should be looking into men’s fashion a bit more. The Soldiers’ Mutiny from Men’s Vogue China Spring 2010
2. I’ve always been a big fan of Lily D. She and Gemma were among the first faces I learnt to recognise and love, especially in their D&G campaign. The McQueen tribute is just slightly risqué and daring, playing with the bondage trend, but not quite stepping over the line of nudity. The gowns and clothes are just fab and the gloves/garters are a great touch. Lily Donaldson by Steven Klein for Vogue Paris May 2010
3. Who doesn’t like typography. I certainly do. It combines some of my favourite things: design and words. The following are smart and immediately recognisable by all, which makes it even more ingenious. It’s not forced at all, yet still so effective. I love the background touches too; the vintage, well-worn paper. More here.
4. Upon seeing the following quirky invention, I mused, “Ooh, that’s fairly smart.” I scrolled down and it immediately put a smile on my face. I may not know any blood red coloured teas, but I would definitely start drinking them if I had the Sharky. It’s very cute. Wonder where it would be available for purchase. Source.
5. I’ve always tried to eat in a healthy way. With the growing trends of organic foods and the like, I must admit I am a bit sceptical about the ‘organic-ness’ of certain foods. This “cheat sheet” is a cute and simple way of deciding what really needs to be organic, and what doesn’t. Although I’m not sure I’m completely into eating all organic, I’ll certainly pay attention to it so I’m not feeding chemicals into my body. Source
Today is my mum’s birthday. So, happy birthday mummy! However, we didn’t do much today as it is a weekday and everyone is busy. Our usual tradition is to go pick up a cake on the weekend and go out to eat. I am definitely looking forward to the weekend; both a long weekend and going on birthday outings.
Seeing as I am merely a poor student, I made a DIY card. It was quite rushed and on flimsy paper but mum liked it, and that’s all that matters.
Pens, pink sparkly sketchbook and the card
As I said in my previous post, the onset of a new term has overwhelmed me with even more homework, causing me to post-pone my usual Things I Love Thursday post. But, don’t fear, it’s coming up now!
1. Sretsis “Stolen Moments” shots. The clothes are so beautifully set and gorgeous. You can just feel the softness radiating from it.
2. On a similar note, I’m also loving this month’s Vogue China featuring lots of Natalia Vodianova. She’s featuring in The Seated Beauty, The Dream Girl and Dancer in the Dream. I love them all, wish I could get my hands on a copy.
3. This is beyond cute. I cannot wait for Toy Story 3 to come out. Especially after seeing this: KEN AND BARBIE meeting! It’s so sweet and cute. And cliché. But there’s nothing wrong with cliché. I seriously adore Barbie (more on that in a later post).
4. Do you want a secure password that’s easy to remember? All you have to do is shift your fingers to the right one spot! Ingenious! It will seem like gobble-de-goop to everyone else. As most people these days touch type, with fingers misplaced, you will still hit the same keys every single time. Although, I recommend a bit of practice beforehand.
*Sigh* Another case of “Why didn’t I think of that first?”
5. New Glee was out on Thursday! I am yet to watch the episode (the blog took priority. Now, don’t you feel special? Jokes.) However, I do hear that the plot is quite lacking even if the songs are still good. I guess I’ll just have to see for myself. WILL + EMMA = <3